James P. McHugh
James P. McHugh is a native of Charleston, WV and a graduate of Purdue University and the West Virginia University College of Law where he received the Order of the Coif and served as Coal Issue Editor of Law Review. His experience includes over 20 years of experience representing business, individuals and labor unions in West Virginia in civil, criminal and administrative cases, including MSHA and OSHA related matters.
Mr. McHugh has honorably served his country in the U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Army National Guard. He retired as a Colonel (Military Police) from the U.S. Army National Guard. He is an Iraq Veteran.
- Judge Advocate, U.S. Marine Corps.
- Allen Guthrie & Thomas
- Barrett Chafin Lowry Amos & McHugh; McHugh Williams
- Jackson County, West Virginia Prosecuting Attorney
- Member of the West Virginia State Bar
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth and District of Columbia Circuits
- United States District Court for Southern and Northern Districts of West Virginia